“Ergonomics is the application of scientific information concerning humans to the design of objects, systems and environment for human use”
Essentially Ergonomics is all about ensuring a good fit between people, the things that they do, the products that they use and the environments in which the work, travel and play. It is important to understand that the needs, abilities and limitations of individuals differs significantly from person to person.
Are you sitting comfortably?
In many cases, humans can adapt to unsuitable conditions, but such adaptations often lead to inefficiency, stress, and physical or mental cost.
The Benefits of Ergonomics:
- Reduces Injury through improving posture, blood supply, and reducing stress on the muscles and joints.
- Reduces Absenteeism.
- Encourages a better employer/employee relationship.
- Improved productivity and efficiency through job satisfaction.
- Improved User experiences
- A Legal requirement via Health and Safety law.